2023 Region Festivals
|REGION||Festival Date||Location||Region Chair|
|I||April 22nd||University of Arkansas – Fayetteville||Treese Muller|
|II||April 22nd||Arkansas State University – Jonesboro||Lisa Miller|
|III||April 1st||Hendrix College||Janine Tiner|
|IV||April 1st||University of Arkansas – Little Rock||Sabrina Shivley|
|V/VI||April 15th||Henderson State University – Arkadelphia||Sharon Ard|
2023 MTNA Competitions
Check back here for announcements
Frequently Asked Questions
I would like to recommend a piece of repertoire to be added to our repertoire directory. Who should I contact?
REPERTOIRE COMMITTEE (Since July 2017)
Arkansas Competition Chairs
- MTNA Performance Competitions Lauren Schack Clark, NCTM (Competition Chair)
- MTNA Composition CompetitionsDerek Jenkins
- MTNA Junior Performance Competitions Asher Armstrong, NCTM
- MTNA Senior Performance Competitions Asher Armstrong, NCTM
- MTNA Young Artist Performance Competitions Sharon Ard, NCTM
- MTNA Chamber Music Performance Competitions Sharon Ard, NCTM
2016/2017 Competition Results
(Region) Festivals & State Auditions
The ASMTA Repertoire Guide is up to date through 2020 for NFMC Syllabus titles. This chart is to be used for adding literature not previously listed in the ASMTA Repertoire Guide. Please refer to the Cross Listing Chart for NFMC pieces already listed in the ASMTA Repertoire Guide. ASMTA levels supersede NFMC for those. Music by MacDowell and Rachmaninoff should be used in the Romantic Section (B) of the ASMTA Guide and all other music should be used in the Contemporary Section (C) of the ASMTA Guide.
At the Fall 2015 Board Meeting, ASMTA Board has approved to include all Alternates (1st, 2nd, etc.) from Levels 6-10 to participate at the State during the Conference.
1) Teachers: please renew your membership before you submit your students for the festival. Also, renew your membership now to take advantage of all the benefits and discounts that MTNA has to offer.
2) The entry fee for festival is now $20.00 (effective since Spring 2015.)
3) Please use our updated Repertoire Directory for 2016 and all future festivals. This keyword-searchable database has been launched since Spring 2015. Note that some solos might have been moved to a different category.
4) A revised Festival Application form will be made available on our website. Please use this revised form for 2016 festivals. Page numbers will no longer be required, since we will be using the online repertoire database.
5) Region Chairs: please remember to choose judges near their region to maintain a reasonable mileage expense.
*For additional questions about Festival, please contact Lisa Miller at 870-261-4208 or email@example.com
*For questions about accessing and navigating our newly launched Repertoire Directory, please contact Raymond Chong (YMA.ProgramDirector@gmail.com).
No current events found.
For questions, please contact the chairman of your region or Lisa Miller, State Chairman.
Click and download any of the following ‘online fillable’ forms.
Note: If you want to complete the form online and save it for further editing, please use Internet Explorer. Somehow, Google Chrome will not retain the information that you have typed in when you save the PDF file.
You can always save the empty PDF form on your desktop and complete the form on your computer (offline).
Rules & Information
CHART FOR INCLUDING NFMC MUSIC INTO ASMTA REPERTOIRE
This chart is to be used for adding literature not previously listed in the ASMTA Repertoire Guide. Please refer to the Cross Listing Chart for NFMC pieces already listed in the ASMTA Repertoire Guide. ASMTA levels supersede NFMC for those. Music by MacDowell and Rachmaninoff should be used in the Romantic Section (B) of the ASMTA Guide and all other music should be used in the Contemporary Section (C) of the ASMTA Guide.
|NFMC LEVELS:||ASMTA LEVELS:|
|PRE PRIMARY CLASS||PRIMARY A|
|PRIMARY CLASS I||PRIMARY B|
|PRIMARY CLASS II||LEVEL 1|
|PRIMARY CLASS III||LEVEL 2|
|PRIMARY CLASS IV||LEVEL 2|
|ELEMENTARY CLASS I||LEVEL 3|
|ELEMENTARY CLASS II||LEVEL 3|
|ELEMENTARY CLASS III||LEVEL 4|
|ELEMENTARY CLASS IV||LEVEL 5|
|MEDIUM CLASS||LEVEL 5|
|MODERATELY DIFFICULT CLASS I||LEVEL 6|
|MODERATELY DIFFICULT CLASS II||LEVEL 6|
|MODERATELY DIFFICULT CLASS III||LEVEL 7|
|DIFFICULT CLASS I||LEVEL 7 OR 8|
|DIFFICULT CLASS II||LEVEL 7 OR 8|
|VERY DIFFICULT CLASS I||LEVEL 7 OR 8|
|VERY DIFFICULT CLASS II||LEVEL 8|
|MUSICALLY ADVANCED I||LEVEL 9 OR 10|
|MUSICALLY ADVANCED CLASS II||LEVEL 9 OR 10|